Sunday, October 14, 2012

Inspiration - Neighborhood

A couple of days ago, I decided to go on a bit of a walk around downtown Bethlehem, which technically isn't my neighborhood but my dad used to live down in this area so I thought it would be ok. Anyway, I took a ton of pictures of just walking around and capturing all of the moments in a freezing cold Saturday afternoon and I found more than I had expected. I never realized how beautiful Bethlehem was when it was seemingly empty because of the weather. 
 I've passed by this building at least a thousand times with people bustling up and down the road of the Lower School but, the road was completely empty on this particular day with the exception of the already parked cars and I just loved this view of the door. Every ridge of the door can be seen with the seemingly unnoticeable cracks in the pavement and the imperfect rocks embellished in the building. It's so imperfectly perfect and old looking and I just never noticed before how amazing this building is. 
 I took a bit of a detour into this old looking garden, corridor-looking area when I was walking. I actually got two shots in this garden, this obviously being one where everything looks so clean and crisp and another in which I just took about one step in the other direction and it showed a completely different side of the area with a huge dumpster with trash surrounding it and tons of traffic signs and notices. I looked back on these two pictures and realized how much this area contrasted with the other and how everything kind of is like that. Good and bad, old and new.
 The discoloration on this railing was what caught my eye. I actually got like ten pictures of this fence because I just found different angles to take pictures of and I just loved this. 
 The thousand of leaves tossed around of this empty street and how every car was parked on the left side with the little red notch right in the middle of the road was perfect to me. The little imperfections in the road and everything was just really cool. 
My little adventure, sadly, was probably the best part of my weekend. I just wandered and observed and then went home and took more pictures because I tried to notice the little things. That's, I think, what this little adventure taught me and inspired me to do, take in the little details. I can go on a little walk and photograph the smallest, coolest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment