Sunday, October 14, 2012

Holga

The holga project was easily my favorite because one, it was an open assignment which at first I found extremely difficult but then realized shortly after that I could literally do anything and I got really excited and two because after looking at holga photography in class I loved the look of holga photographs. After finding a holga dedicated blog I found some pictures that were my favorite (I would have put mine up but, my film isn't developed yet) (oops).
 This I thought was just the coolest picture on the entire planet because of the illusion that it gives off, that the dock or road just goes on forever into the water and I found the man standing almost directly in the middle of the picture the most attention-drawing even though he's so small.
 I have a small obsession with bridges so when I saw this I knew it needed to be something that I had to show. The speedboat motoring through under the bridge and the city below the bridge just makes this picture for me. I love the effect that the holga gives, this foggy but clear image, it's perfect.
 Following in my obsession with bridges, the parallel lines were what drew my attention when I was scrolling. The symmetrical appearance, paired with the black and white border, I loved it. 
 Okay I broke my bridge theme, but I couldn't help it. The beam of light illuminating the skiers and the trees surrounding the lift with the appearance of something that looks like a tunnel was beautiful. I loved the way the photographer and the holga framed this image and captured it perfectly.
Holga photographs may be my all-time favorite after looking through the holga blog. Hopefully my pictures come out the way I wanted them to so that I can put them up after I've developed (fingers crossed). Also, ending with a beach photograph, I loved how the seagulls skimmed the water and the way the camera captured the image that looks so effortless but was probably extremely difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment