Friday, January 4, 2013

Genre

So my genre project is on street photography in New York City. I hope that I captured beautiful images during my day in the city over Christmas. I went to Rockefeller Center and tried to capture people ice skating and gathering around the big Christmas tree. My view finder was stuck though so I couldn't get a very good view of my images (oops). Anyways, I really love the city and people in the city. The people are always the most interesting to watch so I just really wanted to try to capture some images of families around the holidays. 
 I really like that this photograph is black and white and I love the image being captured, five boys just jumping off a dock in the middle of summer, having fun. It reminds me of summer and I just love how only two of them are actually jumping and the other two are just watching. I think it's very intriguing.
 So back to the city...the hussle and bussle of the subway car with the doors closing making the photograph look a bit blurry, it looks really spectacular. The city people in the background looking hurried and tense, it just looks very realistic because I feel like it's a common scene on the subway from my experiences. 

The way that street photography captures random but interesting moments really amazes me and it looks very cool. I really like this genre and I hope my images come out similar to what I want them to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment