Sunday, September 9, 2012

Summer

This summer I didn't do as much photo taking as I wish that I would have. I went to North Carolina twice, and did a lacrosse camp on Long Island but, other than that I was home for pretty much the entire summer. I wish I would have captured the amazing experience I had with the seventy thirteen-year olds during lacrosse camp (loljk) but, unfortunately I couldn't bring my camera along with me. The only time I really got to shoot was when I went to the beach the second time, with a friend of mine and my parents. 


 After walking up literally 1000 steps of a lighthouse, I captured this at the top. I was pretty tired and my legs were burning, not going to lie, so I sat down and took this in between the slots of the railing. I really loved how the colors contrasted between the light sky and beach and then the harsh greens of the trees below with little patches of tan sand peaking through. I got some really cool shots up there until the security lady yelled at me and made me stand up, rude.
When we were sitting on the beach for like three hours I got bored and took this super awesome picture of the ocean and the pier in the distance. I thought it was cool that you could see the soft sand on the ground and that you could tell the contrast of the shadow.
This picture was taken on one of the bridges going into NYC for lax camp aka the worst week of my life. It was taken from a moving car and it sucks but I just liked seeing the city in the distance and the water and stuff.
Again on my way to lax camp, this was when we were going through brooklyn or something and I thought the city and the water looked really pretty and the awkward couple walking and the weirdo on the bench are cool too. The water also looked super blue in the sun, but it didn't really capture it very well. Ooops.
Half way up the lighthouse there was this super annoying family behind us that were like tailgating us up the stairs so we pulled over to let them pass and while stopping I saw this cool, thick gated window that I tried some depth of field on but, failed. This picture just reminds me of that family so they ruined it for me.
This was like half of the lighthouse that I walked up and it just looked so perfect with the bright white fence, the pink ground and the perfect green grass so I decided to take a picture of it. It reminds me of how difficult it was and how I shouldn't do that again. 
Parking lot shot at the top of the lighthouse. The ocean just looked like it was painted into the trees so I actually took this thinking about photo. Also, a little depth of field on the railing and we were like surrounded by the biggest trees ever so I thought it looked nice.
I attempted to go running on the beach at like six am and this is what that's from. The sun had just come up and there were still purple and blue hazes in the sky that I thought were so pretty. Also, I was probably taking a break when this was taken and I remembered thinking how weird it was that there were like so many footsteps, that looked so dark, in one area compared to the light beach.
We honestly did more walking at the beach the second time than I had done in my entire life so I thought I'd capture the familiar road that was empty for once and remember how miserable I was having to walk two and a half miles for dairy queen. 
Another top of the lighthouse shot. This was after she made me stand up so I was like okay there lady relax and continued taking pictures on the other side where I sat down again. This picture was my favorite one though because it just captures everything I saw perfectly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment